Allied Health Supervisor / Accredited Exercise Physiologist
AES, AEP, ESSAM
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Clinical Pilates Equipment Levels 1, 2 & 3
- Certificate Psychology, Behaviour Change and Wellbeing Management
- Chronic Disease Management – Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, Osteoporosis
- Adapted Physical Activity for Disability – Spinal Cord Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism, Post Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis
- Weight loss and behaviour change
- Mental Health
- Musculoskeletal Rehab – Pre and Post joint replacement surgery, Low Back Pain, Osteoarthritis
- Chronic Pain
- Women’s Health
- Auto-immune conditions – Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Lupus
Jess brings 10 years’ experience as a clinical practitioner to Logan City Council Allied Health program. In 2012 Jess graduated from University of Queensland with a Masters in Clinical Exercise Physiology having previously completed a Bachelor of Exercise Science at Griffith University. After becoming a qualified clinical practitioner, Jess has worked in a private practice multi-disciplinary team assisting clients with chronic disease management, musculoskeletal rehab, and weight loss/management. Jess also worked at Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association where she gained valuable experience assisting people with various disabilities.
Outside of clinical practice Jess enjoys hiking, competing in CrossFit and Obstacle Racing and spending time with family.
Jess is passionate about helping people and being a positive influence through educating on behaviour change to assist them in reaching their potential and improving their quality of life through physical activity and lifestyle modification.